Members of the Overland Park Fire Department are saying a family was saved during a fire by their home carbon monoxide detector. The fire happened at a home near the 8500 block of Russell Street in Overland Park, Kansas. The fire, which has been determined to have been electrical, was above any smoke detectors in the house. They didn't sound off but the carbon monoxide detector did, waking the Kansas family.
The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include shortness of breath, dizziness, irritability, nausea and vomitting. Prolonged exposure the poison gas can cause mental confusion, difficulty seeing and seizures, to name a few. For more information on the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning, read "Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: Are Your Children at Risk?" from our library.
Our experienced Kansas and Missouri Accident and Injury Lawyers we know protecting your family is your number one priority. Carbon Monoxide is a deadly gas that can not be detected by taste or smell by human senses. That's why it is so important to get a CO detector for your home. They can be purchased at local stores such as Target or Wal-Mart and range anywhere from $20-40.
If you or someone you love has suffered a serious injury as the direct result of an accident in Kansas or Missouri, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Contact the Kansas City Personal Injury Attorneys of Roswold Law Group.
With over 15 years of experience in Child Injury Accident and Defective Product cases, we might be able to help you determine the best way to proceed with your personal injury claim. Call our office today for a free consultation.