In some cases you may be able to collect both Social Security disability insurance and workers’ compensation benefits after a work-related injury.

You must apply for both Social Security disability and workers’ compensation separately. Assuming that you qualify for both types of benefits, your Social Security disability payments may be reduced in some cases. Specifically, the federal government currently limits the total amount of your Social Security payment and your workers’ compensation to 80% of the income you were making prior to your accident. If the total of your Social Security disability payment and your workers’ compensation benefits exceed 80% of your income, then your Social Security disability payment may be reduced.

Of course, the amount you receive may change over the years if your situation and/or workers’ compensation benefits change. Thus, it is important to understand your rights and to make sure that you are getting the benefits that you deserve.

You have suffered enough. You may not have to suffer the financial consequences of your work accident along with the pain you are already experiencing. 

Have You Been Injured On The Job?

If you've been hurt at work on the job in Kansas City you need to speak with an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.