Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

If I was in a car crash, am I free to take a leave of absence from work and have the liable driver’s insurance pay for my missed salary?

If you are in a car collision but not injured, then you are not entitled to stay home from work. If your injuries are minor and you are able to go to work, you are still expected to show up and do your job. If you are seriously injured and unable to go to work, you may be eligible for reimbursement for lost wages from the liable driver’s auto insurance company. If you can work but just want some time off, you will probably not get paid for your leave of absence unless your employer pays for it. If you do need time off from work, the insurance company will require that you provide a doctor’s note to prove it. Most employers have the same policy before approving a leave of absence.

For more information about car crash claims, download your FREE copy of our book “Don’t Wreck Your Injury Claim,” and call one of our experienced Kansas City personal injury attorneys today. We will be happy to assist you with your questions. 

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat