Your life changed at the moment of impact. One minute, you or your loved one were traveling on I-70, and the next, you or your loved one was the victim of a serious jackknife truck crash. You couldn’t protect yourself from the collision, nor could you have prevented the injuries that you suffered or your loved one’s death. However, you can protect your potential recovery.
Seven Things You Can Do to Protect Your Possible Recovery
Things may be overwhelming in the aftermath of your I-70 Kansas or Missouri truck crash. Yet, as difficult as it can be to think clearly, it is important to do the following things to protect your legal rights and possible financial recovery. Specifically, you may:
- See a doctor for a diagnosis and treatment plan. That way, you can begin your physical recovery.
- Follow your doctor’s advice. Your doctor will help you make the maximum possible physical recovery.
- Keep a record of your injuries and expenses. This will be helpful in determining your damages.
- Find out what caused the truck to jackknife and who may be responsible for your accident injuries. It is important to identify the proper defendant.
- Understand what your injuries have already cost you and what they may cost you in the future. This will provide you with a realistic idea of your financial recovery.
- Be careful when talking to insurance adjusters. Keep in mind that the insurance adjuster has different priorities than you do when settling your case.
- Pursue a settlement or file your legal case as soon as you are ready. While you may do it when you are ready, it is important not to wait too long and let the statute of limitations expire.
Of course, that is not all that is involved in recovering fair damages after a jackknife accident.
Call a Kansas City Truck Accident Lawyer Today for More Information about Your Rights
For more information about protecting your legal rights and possible recovery, please contact an experienced Kansas City truck accident attorney today at (816) 471- 5111 or (888) 348-2616, and please read our FREE book, Don’t Wreck Your Injury Claim.