Examples of poor road design that can lead to car accidents:
- Signs that are confusing to drivers
- Damaged or missing signs
- Inadequate signs
- Roads that are not designed to handle bad weather
- Roads that have not been salted or plowed in snowy weather
- Blind curves in roads that occur near ramps or intersections
- Lack of signals at an intersection
- Poorly placed signals
- Unsafe passing zones
- Poorly banked or aligned roads
- Improperly graded curves
- Uneven shoulders
- Inadequate nighttime lighting or lack of lighting.
- Overly bright lighting
- Obstructed line of sight due to shade, foliage, or other obstacles
- Lack of appropriate road markings
- Inappropriate road materials
- Pot holes and other defects in the road
- Improper road maintenance
- Unsafe railway crossings
- Dangerously located construction zones
When road design contributes to a Missouri traffic accident, there is often a history of car crashes at the accident location. If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident and you believe road design played a part in your accident, a Kansas City car crash lawyer can investigate and determine if you have a Missouri dangerous road conditions claim.
If road conditions did play a part in causing your injury, the organization that is responsible for maintaining that highway or road may be required to compensate you for your injury. To discuss your accident with a Kansas City car crash lawyer, contact Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys at 888-348-2616.
To learn more about the rights of Missouri injury victims, request a free copy of our book, 10 Essential Steps You Must Take To Protect Your Injury Claim.