2010 may be the year of the automotive recall. In the past few months, several car manufacturers have issued recalls for vehicle defects that may cause a car fire leading to serious injury or even wrongful death. Are you driving a vehicle that was recalled because of fire risk? Check the list below to find out.
General Motors recalled about 1.5 million vehicles because of a flaw in the system that squirts heated cleaning fluid on the windshield. Five fires have been reported that are related to the defect.
• 2006-09 model-year Buick Lucerne
• 2006-09 model year Cadillac DTS
• 2006-09 model year Hummer H2
• 2008-09 model year Cadillac CTS
• 2008-09 model year Buick Enclave
• 2007-09 model year Cadillac Escalade
• 2007-09 model year Cadillac Escalade ESV
• 2007-09 model year Cadillac Escalade EXT
• 2007-09 model year Chevrolet Avalanche
• 2007-09 model year Chevrolet Silverado
• 2007-09 model year Chevrolet Suburban
• 2007-09 model year Chevrolet Tahoe
• 2007-09 model year GMC Acadia
• 2007-09 model year GMC Sierra
• 2007-09 model year GMC Yukon
• 2007-09 model year GMC Yukon XL
• 2007-09 model year Saturn Outlook
• 2009 Chevrolet Transverse
BMW and Volkswagon and Chrysler have also recalled vehicles in the U.S. because they may catch fire. The BMW’s have a flaw in the front-seat safety-belt mechanism that could ignite. Volkswagon, Chrysler and Dodge minivans are recalled because the rear-door latches may short-circuit and catch fire. Included are:
• 2008-11 model year BMW 1 Series luxury cars
• Routan minivans
• 2008-09 model year Chrysler Town and Country minivans
• 2008-09 model year Dodge Grand Caravan minivans
Lamborghini recalled several models of cars because a fuel pump defect may cause a leak that could ignite. The affected models are:
• 2007-2008 model year Lamborghini Murcielagos
• 2007-2008 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadsters
If your vehicle is involved in a recall, contact your local dealer.
To learn more about vehicle fires, click here.
If you have been injured in a Missouri car accident caused by a recalled vehicle, call Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys. Our Kansas City personal injury attorneys are here to protect your rights and to get you the fair compensation you deserve for your injuries and other losses. Contact our office at 888-348-2616 to schedule a free consultation and to request your free copy of 10 Essential Steps You Must Take To Protect Your Injury Claim.