2010 may be the year of the automotive recall. In the past few months, several car manufacturers have issued recalls for vehicle defects
that may cause a car fire leading to serious injury or even wrongful death
. Are you driving a vehicle that was recalled because of fire risk? Check the list below to find out.
General Motors recalled about 1.5 million vehicles because of a flaw in the system that squirts heated cleaning fluid on the windshield. Five fires have been reported that are related to the defect.
• 2006-09 model-year Buick Lucerne
• 2006-09 model year Cadillac DTS
• 2006-09 model year Hummer H2
• 2008-09 model year Cadillac CTS
• 2008-09 model year Buick Enclave
• 2007-09 model year Cadillac Escalade
• 2007-09 model year Cadillac Escalade ESV
• 2007-09 model year Cadillac Escalade EXT
• 2007-09 model year Chevrolet Avalanche
• 2007-09 model year Chevrolet Silverado
• 2007-09 model year Chevrolet Suburban
• 2007-09 model year Chevrolet Tahoe
• 2007-09 model year GMC Acadia
• 2007-09 model year GMC Sierra
• 2007-09 model year GMC Yukon
• 2007-09 model year GMC Yukon XL
• 2007-09 model year Saturn Outlook
• 2009 Chevrolet Transverse
BMW and Volkswagon and Chrysler have also recalled vehicles in the U.S. because they may catch fire. The BMW’s have a flaw in the front-seat safety-belt mechanism that could ignite. Volkswagon, Chrysler and Dodge minivans are recalled because the rear-door latches may short-circuit and catch fire. Included are:
• 2008-11 model year BMW 1 Series luxury cars
• Routan minivans
• 2008-09 model year Chrysler Town and Country minivans
• 2008-09 model year Dodge Grand Caravan minivans
Lamborghini recalled several models of cars because a fuel pump defect may cause a leak that could ignite. The affected models are:
• 2007-2008 model year Lamborghini Murcielagos
• 2007-2008 Lamborghini Murcielago Roadsters
If your vehicle is involved in a recall, contact your local dealer.
To learn more about vehicle fires, click here
Have You Or A Loved One Been Injured By A Defective Product?
If you or a loved one have been injured by a defective product you need to speak with an experienced product liability attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to
schedule your free consultation.