10 Rules for Finding the Right Personal Injury Attorney to Represent You after an Accident
- Get an attorney who is experienced handling injury cases, not a generalist. We believe it's so important that we'll provide you with names and numbers of other attorneys, even if you don't become a client of ours.
- Experience is a very important factor. Length and nature. Past results demonstrate some level of success and experience.
- An attorney should have information, like free books or a website, where you can learn more before you walk in the door.
- Beware of an attorney who contacts you just after you have been in an accident to solicit your claim.
- Beware of an attorney with a stable of doctors he will refer you to, which can be a real problem for your claim.
- Always meet with your attorney. You must be comfortable with and trust your attorney.
- Determine whether the attorney will keep you closely informed as your case progresses.
- Learn who will actually handle and work on your case.
- Be careful not to rush the process by allowing unethical "runners" to personally solicit you.
- Get a referral from a trusted attorney that you know.
We'll Help You Find the Right Attorney, Even If It's Not Us
If we do not accept your personal injury case, we will give you a suggestion to find another attorney. This will give you a good start! If you have any questions you can always contact us online or call us directly at 888.348.2616.