You think that it could never happen to your child. You have made your child’s safety your top priority from the moment he or she joined your family, but now you have reason to believe that your child has been abused. Your child’s physical and emotional pain, and the emotional pain for you and your family are unimaginable. Unfortunately, you are not alone. It is estimated that 6 million children are abused in the United States every year. It is important to know child abuse statistics, to understand the problem, and to know how to contact a child abuse attorney in Kansas City if your child has been hurt.
Child Abuse in the United States – What You Need to Know
According to various sources:
- A report of child abuse is made every 10 seconds in the United States.
- More than five children in this country die every day because of child abuse. This is a significant increase in child abuse deaths over the past decade.
- About 80% of children who die from abuse are 4 years old or younger.
- Child abuse is not the problem of a particular demographic. It occurs across income levels, education levels, religions, and races.
- Children who are abused are more likely to be arrested in the future, abuse their own children, and have psychological disorders.
- Neglect is the most common form of child abuse. More than 3 out of 4 children who are abused are abused through neglect.
How to Contact a Child Abuse Attorney in Kansas City for Help
If your child has been hurt by the negligent or deliberate actions of someone else, then it is important to get help by calling an experienced child abuse lawyer in Kansas City. Our empathetic Kansas City child abuse attorneys want to help your family get the recovery that you deserve. Please contact us today at (816) 471- 5111 or (888) 348-2616 for a free consultation.