The pain from a traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, broken bone, internal injury or other serious Kansas motorcycle accident injury can be significant. As you concentrate on your physical recovery it is important that you do what you can so that your financial and legal recoveries are not harmed and so that you can get the recovery that you deserve.
Don’t Do These Five Things
You will have many decisions to make in the days, weeks and months after your motorcycle accident injuries. As you decide what to do to maximize your recovery, we encourage you not to:
- Talk too much. You are not involved in a criminal case. What you say can, and likely will, be used against you during settlement negotiations or at trial.
- Trust the insurance company. The insurance company’s goal is to pay you as little as possible for your claim so that it maximizes its profits. Accordingly, you have competing goals and should not trust the insurance company to look out for your best interests.
- Fail to follow your doctor’s orders. If you fail to follow your doctor’s orders then you risk further injury to yourself and you could harm your legal recovery.
- Go back to work before you are ready and have medical clearance. Again, this could cause you to incur further injury and could jeopardize your legal recovery.
- Fail to call an experienced Kansas City motorcycle accident lawyer. A Kansas City personal injury lawyer can help you avoid mistakes and can help you protect your recovery.
These five mistakes could cost you your fair recovery, but they are not inevitable. Instead, you can prevent these mistakes, protect your recovery, and be prepared for your future.
Do Call a Kansas City Motorcycle Accident Lawyer For Help
For more information about how to protect your recovery and how a Kansas City motorcycle accident attorney can help you do it, please call us today at (816) 471- 5111 or (888) 348-2616 and please read our FREE book, Don’t Wreck Your Injury Claim.