You may not have been in the car at the time of the Independence car accident, but the brain injury suffered by your spouse in that accident is affecting every part of your life. Your family’s normal activities have been redefined. Few things, other than your love and commitment to one another, remain the same. Your spouse is dependent on you for help, but where do you start?

Support Comes from Many Sources

As much as you love your wife or your husband, you are both going to need help during the recovery process. You can provide the love and the direction, but it is important to find qualified professionals to provide:

  • Medical care
  • Rehabilitation therapies (such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech and language therapy, as appropriate)
  • Counseling
  • Respite care
  • Other services that your spouse or your family needs

Additionally, your spouse may benefit from the services of an experienced Kansas City personal injury lawyer.

How a Kansas City Car Crash Lawyer May Help You Help Your Spouse

Your spouse may, or may not, be able to make legal decisions right now, but there might be important legal decisions that need to be made. An experienced Kansas City auto accident attorney, for example, may be able to help your spouse recover damages for his or her brain injury. Those damages could include compensation for past, current, and future:

  • Medical and rehabilitation costs
  • Lost income
  • Out-of-pocket costs
  • Physical pain, emotional suffering, and other damages

Have You Been Injured In A Kansas City Area Car Accident?

If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.