Why Kansas Earned a Five Star MADD Rating in 2011
In 2011, MADD rated each state’s drunk driving efforts on a scale of zero to five stars. Kansas was one of five states to receive the coveted five star rating. The five stars earned include:
- Requiring ignition interlocks for drunk driving offenders. This law took effect on July 1, 2011.
- Conducting sobriety checkpoints.
- Enhanced penalties for DUI child endangerment.
- Participating in no refusal events that do not allow a drunk driver to escape liability just because he or she refuses to be tested for the presence of alcohol.
- Using administrative license revocation so that a police officer can immediately take the license of a driver who is drunk.
Have You Been Injured In A Kansas City Area Car Accident?
If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.