Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

Hurt in a Kansas City car crash? Do you know what to do after a traffic accident?

Call the police.
If you are in a Kansas City car wreck, you should call the police and get a police report made. The police report may be necessary for getting insurance compensation for your injuries and property damage. It also may help prove fault. Even if the other driver admits fault and provides you with insurance information at the scene, he may change his story later or provide false information. A police report protects you.
Exchange personal information with other drivers.
Get the name, address, telephone number, and insurance information from the other driver. You will need these for insurance purposes. It can take up to ten days for the police to issue a report, and not having this information can cause delays. If you are in an accident with a commercial truck, get the owner’s name and registration number.
Get witness information. 
If there are any witnesses, write down their names, addresses, and telephone numbers. This will help prove fault if there are any questions later about what happened.
If possible, take photos.
If you have a camera, you should take photos of your car, the other car, and the scene of the wreck including any skid marks on the road. If the accident involved a commercial truck, photograph the cab and registration number.
Get Medical Attention.
If you are injured in a car wreck, you need to get medical attention. If you are seriously injured or lost consciousness for even a few seconds, accept the ambulance ride to the hospital. If you have minor injuries, you should see your family doctor as soon as possible. Tell the doctor everything that is wrong with you, and about any prior accidents or injuries.
Some serious injuries may not produce symptoms for several days.  If you notice anything unusual in the weeks following a car crash, see a doctor as soon as possible.
See a doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms: pain that makes it hard to sleep or concentrate, numbness or tingling in arms or legs, pain running down the leg, headaches, vision changes, unusual or smells, knee pain, hip pain or neck pain. These can be signs of serious injury.
Report the accident, but do not talk to an insurance adjuster without first getting advice from an attorney specializing in Kansas City car accident cases. Do not give any details and do not sign anything. This may compromise your case. 
Get advice from a Kansas City car crash attorney. 
After a Kansas City car crash, call the Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys. The initial consultation is free and our personal injury attorneys can give you advice and answer your questions. We can help you figure out if an insurance settlement is fair and if it will cover all your expenses and losses.
If you have any questions contact us at 888-348-2616. And don’t forget to request our free guide: 10 Essential Steps You Must Take To Protect Your Injury Claim.
James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat