Lessons from the MO DOT Public Awareness Campaign
Some of the lasting lessons for commercial truck drivers include:
- Obeying traffic laws.
- Wearing seat belts.
- Slowing down.
- Paying attention and avoiding distractions.
Similarly, other motorists are encouraged to remember that:
- Distracted driving can be dangerous and even deadly.
- Cutting off a truck or bus can lead to an accident.
- Truckers have blind spots and cannot see you when you travel in certain spots around the truck.
- A safe following distance should be kept when traveling behind a truck.
- seat belts can reduce the chances of dying in a truck wreck by about 45%.
How to Contact a Kansas City Truck Accident Lawyer After a Crash
Unfortunately, even when you do everything right, a serious Kansas City truck wreck may still occur. A truck driver, for example, may make a mistake or a mechanical problem may occur. The results can be serious and even catastrophic for the driver or passenger of a car.
Have you been injured in a truck accident? If so you should speak with an experienced truck accident attorney as soon as possible. Contact us online or call us directly at 816.471.5111 for your free consultation today.