Caput Succedaneum of “Caput” is a swelling of the scalp in newborns that typically occurs from vaginal pressure during head-first deliveries. According to http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001587.htm, the symptoms of a Caput Succedaneum are as follows,
- Soft, puffy swelling of part of the scalp in a newborn infant
- Swelling may or may not have some degree of discoloration or bruising
- Swelling may extend over the midline of the scalp
- Most often seen on the portion of the head which presented first
- May be associated with increased molding of the head
Do You Think You May Have A Medical Malpractice Claim?
If you believe you may have a medical malpractice claim you need to speak with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Please contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your case.You can also download our FREE book on medical malpractice.