Caput Succedaneum of “Caput” is a swelling of the scalp in newborns that typically occurs from vaginal pressure during head-first deliveries. According to http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001587.htm, the symptoms of a Caput Succedaneum are as follows,
- Soft, puffy swelling of part of the scalp in a newborn infant
- Swelling may or may not have some degree of discoloration or bruising
- Swelling may extend over the midline of the scalp
- Most often seen on the portion of the head which presented first
- May be associated with increased molding of the head
If you believe your child may have been injured due to medical negligence, you are sure to have immediate questions. There are answers to some of your most important questions right here on our website. For more information, you should also download our FREE book, "The Truth About Medical Malpractice Claims, The Ultimate Guide To Medical Malpractice Cases in Missouri and Kansas," right here on our website.
At Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys, we have been representing victims of medical malpractice including birth injuries for more than 15 years. We understand that a serious medical injury can have devastating consequences and we are dedicated to thoroughly representing the victims of such injuries every step of the way. If you believe that you or a loved one has suffered a birth injury due to medical negligence, contact our office at (816) 471-5111 for a FREE consultation with no obligation.