How to Be a Safe Passenger on a Motorcycle
Most of the responsibility of getting you to your destination safely is on the driver of the motorcycle, the passenger still can do several things to help prevent a motorcycle accident in Kansas City. There are also certain steps you can take to make sure that you are as protected as possible in the event of an accident The following things will help the driver of the motorcycle and you as a passenger to have a fun and safe ride:
- Protective footwear—Shoes such as hiking boots will protect your feet and your ankles.
- Durable pants—If you are in an accident, thick leather or denim pants will save you a lot of pain.
- Abrasion resistant jacket—Similarly to the pants, a proper jacket will prevent road rash
- Leather gloves—Gloves prevent burns and road rash.
- Non-baggy clothes—Loose or floppy clothes can get caught in a moving part of the motorcycle and cause an accident.
- Properly fitting helmet—A snug helmet with the strap pulled tight could very likely save your life in an accident
- Use the foot pegs—Make sure the rider has the foot pegs down and keep your feet securely on them. You do not want your foot or leg to to come in contact with the wheel, drive chain, belt or muffler. Never try and help the rider hold the bike upright when it is stopped.
Have You Been Injured In A Motorcycle Accident?
If you've been injured in a motorcycle accident you need to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.
You can also order your FREE copy of our book, "KC Biker Bible."