You can avoid becoming a Missouri accident statistic by following these safety tips from the Platte County, MO auto accident lawyers at Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys:
- Wear your seat belt, even if you are only adjusting your parking.
- Avoid shopping on Saturdays. Saturday is the busiest shopping day and parking lots are often full. If your schedule allows, try shopping on weekday mornings.
- Know your car's blind spots. Adjust your rear-view mirrors so you can see the area surrounding your car.
- Choose your parking spot wisely. When possible, park in a parking sport that will let you pull out into the travel lane rather than backing out.
- Instead of using proximity to the entrance as your parking criteria, look for a roomy spot. Parking away from the entrance means you'll get more space.
- Try to park in the center of your parking spot. If you are over the line, you increase your likelihood of being involved in a Missouri parking lot crash.
- Always use your signals while driving in a parking lot - even if you are only signaling your intention to pull into a parking spot. This alerts other drivers of your actions.
- On windy days, be prepared for gusts. Strong winds can catch the door and throw it against another car.
Although most Missouri parking lot accidents occur at low speeds, there is still the potential for serious injury including whiplash, back injury and even head injury. If you are injured in a parking lot accident in Platte County, you need to act fast to protect your injury claim. Learn more in our book, 10 Essential Steps You Must Take To Protect Your Injury Claim.
If you would like to discuss your injury with a Platte County auto accident lawyer, contact Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys at 888-348-2616. The initial consultation is free.