You were involved in a Platte County car accident. You thought you were fine. However, it is a few days later, and the dull ache in your lower back has turned into full-fledged pain. It hurts to sit; it hurts to stand. It just hurts and you want relief.

In the United States, back pain is the 5th most common reason why people seek medical care. There are many possible causes of back pain including poor posture, overexertion and injury. In rare cases, lower back pain is a symptom of a serious illness. Lower back pain after a Missouri car wreck is often the result of trauma to the spine during the collision.

There are many types of injuries that can cause lower back pain. Some of these injuries are serious, so it is important that you discuss your symptoms with a doctor.

Possible causes of lower back pain after a Missouri car crash

  • Strains, sprains or muscle spasms
  • Bulging, ruptured or herniated discs
  • Sciatica
  • Vertebral fractures


With treatment, these conditions will get better. However, if left untreated, these injuries can lead to chronic back pain which may affect your ability to work and enjoy life.

When you see your doctor, tell him about your Missouri car accident. He will examine your back and order X-rays, computerized tomography (CT scans), ultrasound, or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). He may also order tests of the muscles or nerves.

Most back pain is treated with medication, heat, ice, rest and physical therapy. If there is a severe injury, surgery may be necessary. Depending on the type of surgery, the procedure will be done either in a doctor's office or hospital. After the surgery, you may still feel pain and it may take months to recover flexibility in the back. During this time, you may be unable to work.

If the accident that caused your back injury was caused by another driver, you may have a Missouri accident injury claim. Our Platte County, MO auto accident lawyers can determine if you are eligible for compensation for your medical care, missed work, and pain and suffering.

Have You Been Injured In A Kansas City Area Car Accident?

If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.