When you slip, trip, or fall, you may not think about who is at fault. Many of us automatically attribute slips and falls to our own klutziness. However, if a fall and injury could have been prevented with proper maintenance, then it was not your fault! For example, if you trip and fall on a step in a stairwell with burnt out light bulbs, your injury is not your fault. Hotels have a duty to keep stairwells safe and well-lit.
Other examples of Kansas City hotel premises liability claims include:
• Slips on wet floors
• Slips on icy sidewalks
• Slips in showers or bathrooms because there is no non-skid mat
• Falls due to faulty handrails, broken stairs, and uneven surfaces
• Falls off of stairs, balconies and platforms
• Injuries due to hotel renovations
• Hotel swimming pool accidents and poolside injuries
• Injuries caused by insufficient lighting in hotels and hotel restaurants, bars, and parking structures
• Burn injuries from scalding coffee or hot bathroom water
• Injuries in guestrooms and bathrooms
If you are injured at a hotel or motel, try to take a picture of the scene. This picture will protect your claim if the hotel repairs the conditions that led to your accident after you are injured. In addition, be sure to have your injuries evaluated by a physician.
Have You Been Injured In A Slip And Fall Accident?
If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident you need to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.For more helpful information, download our free guide: “10 Essential Steps You Must Take To Protect Your Injury Claim.”