What is the safest motorcycle gear you can buy? The answer may surprise you.
The safest gear is not one specific brand of leather jacket or a new innovation in motorcycle helmets. The safest gear you can buy is the gear you will wear. Sound simplistic? Maybe, but the truth is that many motorcyclists purchase gear that looks great in the store and fail to actually use the gear when it comes time to ride. Gear that is left sitting in the closet is not going to do you any good in the event of a motorcycle crash.
For more information on how to ride safely and the latest biker information, download your free copy of KC Biker Bible, a free resource for Kansas City bikers provided as a free service by Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys. Call Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys today for more information if you have been injured in a motorcycle crash.
In fact, the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) released a promotional video this spring that encourages motorcycle riders to wear the right gear all the time. In addition to the emphasis on wearing gear, the MSF has simplified their advice to riders. The foundation has suggested five simple rules for staying safe on the road.
- Get the right training. Take a motorcycle safety course developed by the MSF. Even if you are an experienced rider, refresh your skills with a new course.
- Wear the right gear. The MSF advices wearing a Department of Transportation (DOT) approved helmet, eye protection, gloves, jacket, and pants, and boots that go over the ankle.
- Never ride while you are impaired by drugs or alcohol.
- Always ride only as far and as fast as your personal skill set permits. Don’t try to push yourself beyond the limits of your own abilities.
- Never stop learning. Refresh your skills with a new RiderCourse. Learn and refresh your skills as a rider your whole life through.
Have You Been Injured In A Motorcycle Accident?
If you've been injured in a motorcycle accident you need to speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.
You can also order your FREE copy of our book, "KC Biker Bible."