No one expects to be injured at work, but workplace accidents account for over 4.5 million injuries every year. Do you know what to do if you are injured on the job in Kansas City? Here are some tips.
  • Report your injury to your employer
  • Go to the doctor of your choice and describe exactly what happened. Ask your doctor to record this in your medical records.
  • Tell the receptionist or billing department that this is a work-related injury. This will keep the bill from going to collections while you wait for worker’s compensation payments.
  • Follow your treatment plan. Take all medication and go to all therapy and follow-up appointments.
  • Do not do anything outside your medical restrictions. 
  • Realize that it is in the insurance company’s interest to settle your claim quickly and cheaply. They often deny or underpay claims even if you have a valid case.
  • Consult a lawyer who regularly handles worker’s compensation claims before settling or giving up on your claim.
  • Consult a lawyer if your employer discriminates or otherwise mistreats you after your injury.

Have You Been Injured On The Job?

If you've been hurt at work on the job in Kansas City you need to speak with an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment