Product Liability Attorneys in St. Joseph, MO
Aggressive representation for victims of defective products in Missouri
There are federal and consumer laws across the country to ensure that products are safe for consumers. Even so many products can be defective and cause harm to consumers. When this does happen, the negligent party should be held responsible for placing consumers in danger. You will need a St. Joseph product liability attorney on your side to bring a claim against the manufacturer and any other liable parties.
Many defective product cases rely heavily on manufacturers' strict liability. This means that you do not have to prove that the manufacturer was careless. You instead only need to show that the defective product that they made caused you harm. This is essentially all it takes to build a claim. Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys have over 30 years of defending consumers in these kinds of cases.
What are the different types of product defects?
There are several ways that a product may be found to be defective, determining what caused the defect can be a crucial part of finding who the liable party should be. There are a few reasons a product can be defective:
- Design flaw: There are many parties that are involved in designing a product. They must go through trial and error before sending any product into production. There are many ways that a product can stop functioning or have a defect. If it was due to a design flaw the fault may rely solely on the manufacturer.
- Manufacturing defect: When a product is designed correctly and is sent into production, fault may change. If the manufacturer did not use the correct parts or there is another error in production this can lead to a defect. This means that the producer of the product may be the responsible party.
- Missing or inadequate instructions: As you may have noticed, almost every product will have instructions with it. This will show consumers how to use the product correctly and have warnings on the potential dangers that can arise if the product is not used as intended. However, if a product does not bring instructions or the instructions do not adequately inform the consumer, this can lead to a product causing harm to the consumer who uses it. This is also called “failure to warn.”
A St. Joseph product liability attorney will need to find what caused the product to malfunction to determine who the negligent party was. Once it is determined how the product malfunctioned, we will be able to pursue a claim against the appropriate party.
Do I have a case?
Call now or fill out a form to receive a free confidential consultation
What are some common dangerous and defective products in St. Joseph?
Any product that can be purchased has the potential for causing harm or injury to consumers. While some are known to cause more harm than others, defective vehicle parts are often some of the most catastrophic. Every single aspect of a car, truck, or motorcycle will need to be in proper working order before it reaches the open road. If there are even the slightest defects this can result in devastation for the driver and others on the road.
Car parts are not the only dangerous defective products we often see, other dangerous products include:
- Lithium batteries
- Workplace machinery
- Cleaning products
- Prescriptions and other medications
- Heaters and electric blankets
- Medical devices
- Nutrition products
- Children's products
Within each category, there are several defective and dangerous products that can cause injury to you and your loved ones. The most important element of product liability claims is showing that the product caused injuries to a consumer or user or the product. It is important that the injuries were not caused by any other incident as this can lead to a claim being denied.
What are the injuries that can be sustained from a defective product?
While some defective products cause minor injuries, others cause catastrophic ones. In the worst of cases, a loved one will die from the use of the product. If this is the case, we will file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the surviving family.
Some of the most common injuries from a defective product include:
- Loss of limb
- Burn injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Heart failure
- Cuts and bruises
- Internal organ damage
- Broken bones
- Vision loss
- Nerve damage
There are a number of other possible injuries that can be claimed by a defective product. If you have been injured, you should seek medical attention and contact a St. Joseph product liability attorney immediately.
Compensation from a defective product
When we file a product liability claim, our St. Joseph product liability attorney will work to obtain compensation for the following:
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Medical expenses caused by the accident
Damages that can be sought on your behalf will rely on the extent of your injuries and how the accident occurred.
Do you have a defective products attorney near me?
Our St. Joseph office is located at 2501 Frederick Avenue Suite 100 by appointment. We also see clients throughout Missouri and Kansas.
Get help from a St. Joseph product liability attorney today
If you have been injured by a defective product, then you will need to have an experienced St. Joseph product liability attorney on your side. We are here to protect your rights and obtain the justice you deserve. These cases can be complex, and manufacturers will try to deny claims as much as possible. They will use every tool in their arsenal to deny your claim and even blame you for the accident.
Due to the complexities of these cases, you should contact Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys immediately. We understand how to handle these cases and that we must move fast to get you the compensation and justice you deserve. Call us at 816-471-5111, or complete our contact form to schedule a free initial consultation today.
St. Joseph Office
2501 Frederick Avenue, Ste. 100,
St. Joseph, MO 64506