Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

Do I have to pay back my health insurance or Medicare/Medicaid?

If the medical bills you have incurred as a result of your accident were paid by private health insurance, by Medicare or by Medicaid, you may have an obligation to reimburse them for the amounts they have paid out of any recovery you make in connection with your injury claim. This area of the law involves the legal principles of "reimbursement or subrogation" and is often quite complicated. A failure to make proper reimbursement can lead to serious consequences. An attorney can help determine whether reimbursement is necessary in your situation.
James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat