Your concern is well founded. Nobody can really know how much you are suffering, because there are no two losses that are the same.


Yet, money is the only way to compensate you for your loss. Thus, the law allows you to recover certain damages if your loved one has died in an accident. For example, your recovery may include compensation for certain economic losses that are easy to calculate, such as:


  • Your spouse’s medical bills and care costs from the time of the accident until the time of death.
  • Funeral expenses.
  • Lost income (including future lost income) that your family is not receiving because of your spouse’s death.


Other damages may be more difficult to calculate, but are still important. These include:


  • Pain and suffering.
  • Punitive damages.
  • Loss of consortium.


Kansas and Missouri wrongful death laws have specific ways in which these damages may be calculated in a given case.

Has A Loved One Died Due To The Negligence of Others?

If your loved one has died due to the negligence of someone else an experienced wrongful death attorney can help you hold them responsible. Contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free, no obligation consultation.

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.