As the parent of a teen in the Independence area, the thought of your child driving—or being a passenger—in a car on Truman road can be frightening. The number of cars traveling the road can be challenging for experienced and novice drivers alike. Accordingly, it is important that your child know what to do if he is driving a vehicle that is involved in a car accident.

You should encourage your child to call 911 if the Truman Road accident has occurred in a dangerous location, such as in front of Van Horn High School, or in the Maywood Business District, or if anyone has been injured in the crash. After the accident, the police should be called as soon as possible so that they can investigate the crash and prevent further collisions. While the police are on their way, your child should be polite and show his license, registration and insurance information, but he should not apologize for the accident.

Please encourage your child to accept medical help if he is hurt. If he is able to do so then he should also call you and encourage any passengers to call their parents.  Additionally, if he is able to, he should take pictures at the accident scene and write down the names of witnesses.

Have You Been Injured In A Kansas City Area Car Accident?

If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.