The term premises liability is used to refer to the law that governs who is responsible when someone is injured on land or in a building. Specifically, premises liability refers to who is responsible for paying the injured party in accidents such as slip and falls.


In Kansas and Missouri, a landowner (or manager) may be responsible for the injuries incurred by someone who is hurt on their property, so long as that person is invited, or licensed to be on the property (though some exceptions apply for trespassers). Additionally, the person had to have been injured because of the negligence of the landowner or manager.


If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident or other type of accident caused by a negligent landowner, then you should contact a Kansas City premises liability attorney. A premises liability lawyer, also known as a Kansas City slip and fall attorney, may be able to help you get the recovery that you deserve by negotiating a settlement with the landowner (or the landowner’s insurance company) or by winning a trial verdict on your behalf.


The recovery in a premises liability case may include compensation for medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, out-of-pocket expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages.

Have You Been Injured In A Slip And Fall Accident?

If you've been injured in a slip and fall accident you need to speak with an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.