Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

I was a passenger in a car driven by a drunk driver. I was injured in a Kansas City drunk driving accident when the driver crashed into another vehicle. Do I have rights?

Yes. If you were a passenger in a vehicle driven by a drunk driver and you were injured in a Kansas City drunk driving accident caused by the drunk driver's negligence, you may file a claim against the impaired driver. However, the insurance company or jury may decide that you are partially at fault for your injuries because you willingly got into a motor vehicle with somebody who was intoxicated.

Still,the majority of the negligence lies with the intoxicated driver and you are entitled to insurance compensation for your injuries.
To learn more about your rights after a drunk driving accident in Missouri or Kansas, contact the DUI injury attorneys at Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys.
James Roswold
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat