Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

I was a passenger in my friend's car when he ran a red light and caused a Kansas City car accident. Do I have to sue my friend in order to be compensated for my Missouri car crash injuries?

If you were a passenger and the driver of the car you were riding in caused a Missouri car accident that left you injured, you may be wondering about injury compensation. You may worry that you will lose your friendship if you pursue damages for your hospital bills.

Slow down. The purpose of insurance is to cover anyone who is injured when a driver causes an accident. So, your first step will be to file a claim against the driver's insurance company. If the insurance company behaves responsibly and offers you a fair settlement, you may not need to file a lawsuit.

However, if the insurance company refuses to cover your medical expenses and other losses, you may no choice but to file a lawsuit. Although you are requesting insurance compensation, it is the at-fault driver that must be sued. However, compensation for your Missouri accident injuries will come from his insurance carrier. If you don't file a lawsuit, only the insurance company benefits.

Do you have additional questions about personal injury compensation in Missouri? Contact Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys at 888-348-2616. Our accident lawyers in Kansas City, MO offer free consultations to Missouri accident victims.

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat