Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

I was hurt in a Kansas City work accident. How will I pay my medical bills and other expenses? Do I need a Kansas City workers’ compensation attorney?

We are sorry to hear of your injury. As you well know, a Kansas City work injury is not only physically painful but can also create economic hardship as bills pile up and you are out of work or forced to work fewer hours due to your injury.

Both Missouri and Kansas workers’ compensation laws provide help for workers who are injured on the job. The amount of medical and hospital expenses that you may recover is not limited, provided that you comply with the rules of workers’ comp. In other words, you must, at a minimum, notify your employer of the injury, use a doctor approved by your employer, and keep your employer notified of your recovery progress. If you choose to use a doctor who is not approved by your employer, then you may be responsible for your own medical bills.
  In addition to the expense of medical bills, you may be concerned about other bills piling up while you are out of work. Workers’ comp laws may allow you to recover a percentage of your income for a certain amount of time, depending on your injury.

If you have been hurt, it is important to contact an experienced Kansas City workers’ compensation attorney to learn more about your rights and how to protect them. You can reach a Kansas City workers’ comp lawyer by calling (816) 471- 5111 or (888) 348-2616. We encourage you to set up a free meeting with us and to read our FREE book, How to Avoid Becoming a Work Injury Horror Story, to learn more about your rights.
James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat