Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

I was injured at work, but I was also drunk on the job. What are my rights? Can I file a worker’s compensation claim if I was intoxicated at the time of the accident?

In most cases, the answer is no. If you were injured while you were intoxicated it is more than likely presumed that your intoxication impaired your judgment and the fault of your accident was not your employer’s, but your own.

If you are intoxicated, however, and the passenger in a vehicle that is struck while you are on the job, you could receive benefits as the cause of the accident is in no way related to your intoxication.

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat