Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

I wasn’t told anything about what to do when I left the emergency room and I have suffered significant physical harm because of it. Should I contact a Kansas City medical malpractice lawyer?

Yes, you should contact an experienced Kansas City medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible to discuss what happened to you. You have nothing to lose by making the call. If your lawyer believes you have been harmed because of emergency room malpractice, he will advise you of your rights and explain your potential recovery.

Generally, emergency room doctors should provide you with discharge instructions when you leave the emergency room. The doctor should use reasonable care in writing the discharge instructions based on the information available. For example, a doctor may recommend that you follow up with your primary care doctor, or a specialist, as soon as possible. Similarly, if all of your tests were not back at the time you were discharged, then the emergency room should follow up with you concerning the test results – especially if they indicate a health risk.

Of course, as the patient, you also bear some responsibility. If your symptoms worsened or remained concerning, then you should seek medical attention regardless of what was in the discharge papers.

However, if you believe that an emergency room discharge error was made, it is important to contact an experienced Kansas City medical malpractice lawyer as soon as possible at (816) 471- 5111 or (888) 348-2616. Our Kansas City injury lawyers also encourage you to learn more about your rights in our FREE book: The Truth About Medical Malpractice Claims.
James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat