Your child's safety and health are your first concern. If your child was in a Kansas City traffic accident, the first thing you should do is call 911. When you speak to the emergency dispatcher, let her know that there has been a car crash and that your child was in the car. Request that emergency medical services come to the scene to evaluate your child.

Even if your child has no obvious injuries, you will want to have him evaluated in an emergency room. An emergency room doctor will screen for life-threatening hidden injuries. Even if you get an all-clear from the emergency room, you will want to follow up with your child's regular pediatrician, especially if your child complains of dizziness, neck pain, back pain or headaches or if you notice any unusual behavior as these may be signs of serious injury.

The insurance company should cover all your child's accident-related expenses. 

Have You Been Injured In A Kansas City Area Car Accident?

If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.

James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.