Of all the possible injuries that may occur due to a car accident, head and brain injuries are often the most severe. There are many different types of brain injuries. One such injury is an open head injury, also known as a penetrating brain injury. An open head injury occurs when an object penetrates the skull and enters the brain. If the object is traveling at a high velocity and exits the brain as well, this is known as a perforating injury.
Compensation for Open Head Injuries Caused by Car Crashes
An open head injury may occur as a result of a car accident. Many victims incur significant physical, emotional, and financial suffering as a result. If a victim decides to pursue a claim against the responsible party, he or she may be entitled to damages, including the following:
- Costs of treatment for the open head injury.
- Expenses relating to the open head injury. This may include not just the cost of treatment, but also other expenses such as the cost of transportation to and from the hospital, ambulance fees, and other costs.
- Attorney’s fees as well as court fees for filing a claim.
- Pain and suffering caused by the accident and injury.
- Lost income. This may include not just the time you have missed from work to date, but also future lost income if you will not be able to return to work or if you cannot perform the same job as before your accident, and therefore may earn less money.
Have You Been Injured In A Kansas City Area Car Accident?
If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.