- Initial consultation and interview;
- Discussions concerning your medical care options, at the outset and whenever necessary during the course of the case;
- Obtain the police report concerning the accident and interviewing known witnesses if necessary;
- If you have not already done so, obtain photographs of the vehicular damage and the accident scene and injuries if necessary or appropriate;
- Review and analyze the insurance coverage's available to you in connection with accident
- Obtain medical records and medical billings concerning your medical care;
- Determine whether any money spent to pay your medical bills by a third
Party, such as Medicare or health insurance, must be repaid;
- Contact insurance companies and put them on notice of claim;
- When medical treatment has been completed, organize, review, and analyze all treatment records and billings;
- Determine the appropriate value of your case and prepare a comprehensive demand package;
- Attempt to negotiate a settlement with the insurance carriers;
- Obtain a settlement offer that the attorney, based upon years of experience negotiating hundreds of cases, is confident is the highest possible offer
- Advise you regarding the pros and cons of resolving your case for the highest offer procured versus filing a lawsuit and proceeding with litigation; the advice is based upon an extensive analysis that includes many factors intended to allow you to make a fully informed decision whether to resolve your case at the offered amount or proceed with litigation. If settlement cannot be reached, file suit on your behalf;
- Prepare written discovery (questions and answers) on behalf of client and take appropriate depositions.
Have You Been Injured In A Kansas City Area Car Accident?
If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.