Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

What should I do if I have been injured at work?

There are three things you should do immediately to protect your right to benefits including notifying your employer/supervisor immediately, requesting and obtaining medical treatment, and keeping your employer informed about your injury and work status.  Failure to notify your employer of the work injury within thirty days could have an adverse affect on your right to receive workers' compensation benefits in Missouri. The notice must be in writing and notify the employer of the time, place and nature of the accident and injury suffered. In Kansas, you only have 10 days to report the accident/injury or face a possible denial of benefits! After any work injury, it is in your best interest to notify the employer immediately!
James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat