If you are injured at work, you may find yourself unable to continue your job. This can lead to significant financial strain on yourself and your family. The potentially good news is that you may be entitled to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Unfortunately, however, not all employers provide injured workers with the full benefits to which they are entitled. It is therefore important for employees to understand their rights as well as their options.

Options for Dealing With a Workers’ Compensation Issue

What can you do if your employer is not providing you with all of the workers’ compensation benefits you are owed? The following are six options:

  1. Consult with your attorney. It is important to have a knowledgeable legal professional in your corner when dealing with workers’ compensation issues.
  2. Contact your employer and provide notification about the issues with your workers’ compensation benefits.
  3. Consider utilizing the dispute management service provided by the Missouri Department of Labor Division of Workers’ Compensation. This a voluntary mediation process designed to help you and your employer find a mutually acceptable resolution.
  4. Consider having a conference overseen by an administrative law judge.
  5. File a claim for compensation with the Division of Workers’ Compensation. The claim form may be obtained online at www.labor.mo.gov/DWC. It can also be obtained by visiting a Division of Workers’ Compensation office.
  6. Contact the Division of Workers’ Compensation at 800-775-2667. The Division can help you by providing information about filing a workers’ compensation claim, obtaining a settlement, or other issues. It is important to note, however, that the people you are speaking with cannot give you legal advice. Instead, you will receive only general information.

For most employees, your employer has certain responsibilities when it comes to workers’ compensation claims. When your employer is not upholding its obligations, we can help. We encourage you to check out our many successful case results for more information.

Have You Been Injured On The Job?

If you've been hurt at work on the job in Kansas City you need to speak with an experienced workers' compensation attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.


James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.