Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

Will I still be entitled to receive Workers' Compensation benefits if I re-injure the same body part?

Yes.  Your new injury is a separate, compensable injury for which you can file a new claim and will be entitled to medical benefits, temporary total disability if unable to work and compensation for any permanent disability. Your claim may or may not be impacted by the prior work injury depending upon all of the facts and circumstances of that prior injury including but not limited to such issues as whether there was any pre-existing permanent impairment or disability and whether there was any indication that you needed future medical treatment.
James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat