Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 348-2616
Phone: (816) 471-5111
Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys

Do police unfairly target men in driving under the influence (DUI) arrests? Should I contact a Kansas City auto accident attorney if I think Ive been hurt by a woman who was driving under the influence?

You should contact a Kansas City car accident lawyer whether it is a man or a woman who you think was driving under the influence and caused your accident injuries. A recent AAA study found that most people think that police arrest more men than women for DUI. However, the same study found that the number of women arrested for DUI is increasing.

If you have been hurt in a Kansas City drunk driving accident the gender of the driver who caused your injuries is irrelevant. Whether the driver was arrested may be relevant to your case but the lack of an arrest may not preclude your recovery in a civil case.

The standard of proof in civil case is different than the standard that a police officer needs to arrest a driver. Additionally, your Kansas City auto accident attorney need only prove that the other driver was negligent and caused the accident. It may not be necessary for your lawyer to prove that the other driver was drunk.

For these reasons, it is important to contact an experienced Kansas City car accident attorney after any car accident that resulted in injuries and that you think may have been caused by another driver. For more information about how a Kansas City car crash lawyer may be able to help you, please call (816) 471- 5111 or (888) 348-2616.

We also invite you to read our FREE book, 10 Essential Steps You Must Take to Protect Your Injury Claim, to learn more about how to protect rights.
James Roswold
Connect with me
James Roswold is a Kansas & Missouri personal injury, workers comp, and medical malpractice attorney.

Live Chat