1. You were able to drive the vehicle away from the car crash site.
2. The side of the vehicle near the car seat was not damaged.
3. No one in the vehicle was injured.
4. The airbags did not deploy.
5. There is no visible damage to the safety seat or any of its parts.
If all of these criteria are true, the seat is still safe. If not, the car seat should be replaced in order to protect your child's safety. Your insurance company may pay for the replacement.
Learn more about car seat safety in our article, "Preventing Kansas City Car Crash Injuries Part 2: Car Seat Installation Tips."
Have You Been Injured In A Kansas City Area Car Accident?
If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Kansas City office directly at 816.471.5111 to schedule your free consultation.