I was in a St. Joseph, MO car accident. My child was not in the car, but his car seat was, Do I need to replace the car seat?
1. You were able to drive the vehicle away from the car crash site.
2. The side of the vehicle near the car seat was not damaged.
3. No one in the vehicle was injured.
4. The airbags did not deploy.
5. There is no visible damage to the safety seat or any of its parts.
If all of these criteria are true, the seat is still safe. If not, the car seat should be replaced in order to protect your child's safety. Your insurance company may pay for the replacement.
Learn more about car seat safety in our article, "Preventing Kansas City Car Crash Injuries Part 2: Car Seat Installation Tips."
If you have additional questions about your St. Joseph, MO motor vehicle accident, contact Kansas City Accident Injury Attorneys at 888-348-2616.